Feb 10 2008 : Release 3.5.0
* Fixed bug #1716602 (Acceptor doesn't properly cleanup failed
* Fixed bug #1716593 ("options" section name should be case-insensitive)
* Fixed bug #1716596 (GenServer::init() fails to convert args to full path).
* Fixed bug #1716668 (Assure_exit() macro won't compile).
* Fixed bug #1716588 (assa-genesis generates proper app version).
* Added a no-op virtual destructor to SigHandler base class (bug #1716597).
* Fixed 'maxfd+1' miscalculation bug in Reactor's select() method.
* Fixed assa.spec.in to fit FC extras strict spec rules.
* Patch to compile with GCC 4.3 (Martin Michlmayr ).
Aug 13 2006 : Release 3.4.2
* Port to mingw32 (networking layer).
* Remove Socket::blocking option.
* Rename ASSA::ERROR log mask to ASSA::ASSAERR to please mingw32 gcc.
* Fix race condition bug between Reactor and Logger::log_close().
Mar 18 2006 : Release 3.4.1
* Port to ARM (nokia770).
* Patches for gcc-4.0; debian support - Eric Dorland.
* Patch for NetBSD 3.0 - Bartosz Kuzma.
Oct 22 2005 : Release 3.4.0
* Port to x86_64 architecture (bug #1293526) with the help from
* Fix flag value inversion in CmdLineOpts.
* Fix multibyte terminator in CharInBuffer (bug #1252926) by Yeyang.
* Change INETAddress to use INADDR_ANY for listening socket addresses.
* Port to cygwin.
* Rename Assert.h to Assure.h to avoid conflict on win32 platform.
* Rename a whole bunch of GenServer's functions/data members for
* Rename Singleton's getInstance() to get_instance().
* Fix Help menu item position in the code generated by assa-genesis.
Jul 4 2005 : Release 3.3.2
* Add --with-makefile option to assa-genesis.
* Disable creating a log file when --mask=0 option is used.
* Increase Streambuf read/write buffer size to 64K.
* Fix Streambuf data loss (bug #1218859).
* Port to Debian - (Miriam Ruiz.
* Fix GenServer's becomeDaemon() bug that prevented servers from
being started at boot time.
Apr 16 2005 : Release 3.3.1
* Make Acceptor usable as a base class.
* Obsolete assa.m4 and assa-config.in.
Mar 21 2005 : Release 3.3.0 [in memory of Jun He]
* Fix connector2_test on FC3.
* Modify Fork to optionally wait for and collect exit status
of the child process.
* Add 'install-hook' to srcdir/Makefile.am to run /sbin/ldconfig.
* Add reset() to xdrIOBuffer.
* Add AutoPtrArray. Rework AutoPtr and autoptr_test.
* Add BYTES_LEFT_IN_SOCKBUF and ASSA_DECL_SINGLETON macros.
* Fix pipe_test test case to run properly across multiple UNIXes.
* Allow for timer identification when registered with Reactor.
A Timer can now be rescheduled with Reactor by returning 1
* Send GenServer's help output to the stdout.
* Add ID to EventHandler class.
* Enchance inet_address.test to deal with multiple host aliases.
* Clean up CVS of by-product files.
* Add bootstrap-dev for development configuration.
* Fix buggy Cflags definition in assa.pc.in.
* Fix postrun spelling error in assa.spec.in.
* Fix doc installation in RPM.
* Add Assert.h macros to exit/return with optional values.
* Fix /dev/null deletion bug in GenServer.cpp and FileLogger.cpp
* Fix const-ness problem in IniFile.cpp
* Port to FreeBSD 5.3 (gcc 3.4.2).
* Port to gcc-3.4.2 (Linux, FC3) - Artem Baguinski.
* Port to Solaris9 (gcc 3.2).
Oct 12 2003 : Release 3.2.0
* Added IniFile class.
* Added Regexp class.
* Fixed Fork::fork_exec() return value bug.
Jul 24 2003 : Release 3.1.0
* Added m_exit_value and get/set_exit_value() methods
to report process' exit value back to the invocation shell.
* Added assa.pc package configuration config file
* Moved enum ConnectMode from ASSA::Connector up to ASSA namespace.
This breaks backward compatability with 3.0, but in very minor way.
* Changed class Logger_Impl to handle variable length log messages.
* Wrote "helloworld" and "logserver" examples. assa-logd and
assa-lmon binaries are included into package distribution.
* Wrote "Programmer's Manual" (libassa-manual package)
* Fixed log mask scope conflict in Assert.h
* Fixed log mask scope conflict in Logger.h
* Got rid of frames in web site pages.
* Put library classes into namespace ASSA.
This breaks backward compatability.
* Fixed memory bug in CommonUtils.
* Fixed LogMask namespace extra ';'
* Added "C" library scope resolution to raise() call in Assert.h
* Multiple compiler warnings (mostly from Sun CC 5.0)
* Fixed end-of-line termination bug in FileLogger.cpp
* assa-genesis now support --with-gtk2 option to generate
fully-compliant Gtk2 application stubs.
Oct 29 2002 : Release 2.0
* added one-click tests suite
* Changed from StdErrLogger to StdOutLogger
* Minor fixes to data member names that better reflect their
meaning. This might break all classes derived from it.
Oct 09 2002 : Release 1.5
* ported to GCC 3.2 compiler
* added CharInBuffer class
Jul 14 2002 : Release 1.3
* made GenServer::m_ommit_pid_lock 'protected'
* added assa.spec.in, assa-config, and assa.m4 files
* prepared for the first public release
Sep 09 1997 : Release 0.7
* first cut includes minimal functionality (GenServer and SigHandler)